Endpoint security is the process of protecting your business’ network through the securing of endpoints – internet-capable devices such as desktops, laptops, smart phones, tablets, and wireless printers.
There are two types of endpoint security:
- Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP): An Endpoint Protection Platform is a preventative tool that provides reactive protection scanning files once they enter your business’ network. This typically takes the form of traditional antivirus software.
- Endpoint Detection & Remediation (EDR): An Endpoint Detection & Remediation platform provides a more proactive solution, continuously monitoring all files and applications that enter a device. This provides greater threat detection, and in turn greater protection for your network.
In order to protect your business and allow it to operate safely and securely, we advocate for an Endpoint Detection & Remediation solution, such as SentinelOne’s Endpoint Protection Platform, which proactively protects your network’s entry points from advanced malware exploits and other cyberattacks that would look to do your business harm.
Why You Need Endpoint Security
Analysing over 35,000 companies and a large number of publicly disclosed breaches – BitSight Insights found that over 2,000 organisations were running more than half of their computers on an outdated version of an operating system—which makes those companies nearly three times as likely to experience a publicly-disclosed breach.
Mobile working is on the rise, with a report from the Work Foundation at Lancaster University predicting that, by 2020, more than 70% of businesses will have adopted flexible working policies.
This creates a challenge for IT Security professionals, as each device remotely connecting to the business’ network creates a potential entry point for security threats. This is especially prevalent when it comes to mobile workers not having access to on premise updates that can provide added protection for networks.
With threats increasing in sophistication and frequency, it’s become even more important to ensure that stability of your network security.
Benefits of Endpoint Security
- Security across all devices: you’re only as strong as your weakest link, and with an endpoint security platform in place, you can rest assured that your business’ barrier to entry is solidified.
- Stop attacks before they can do damage: detecting and mitigating threats where they start not only provides greater security to your network, but can greatly reduce the costs associated with remediation.
- Increased productivity – cyberattacks can slow down computers to a crawl, and in some cases such as the 2017 WannaCry ransomware attack, shut them down completely. This makes work practically impossible. Effective endpoint security eliminates this possibility, maximising your business’ potential output.
- Protection for your customers – ensuring that your business is secure from cyber threats will also help to protect your customers, who could be susceptible to a cyber breach by proxy.
How We Can Help
Nouveau are one of SentinelOne’s first UK managed services partners. With extensive cyber security experience gained from over 25 years of helping clients to mitigate threats across networked, application, cloud and mobile environments, we can offer your business a comprehensive endpoint security package.
Our endpoint security managed service will monitor your endpoints and eliminate threats via proactive monitoring and integrated response in order to protect your business and allow it to operate safely and securely.
To learn more about SentinelOne’s Endpoint Protection Platform, and our managed endpoint security services, get in touch today.